14 November 2007

Arrival in Tromso

After 2607km and 30 days I arrive in Tromso on a mild and sunny winter day! Tromso connects to the mainland with a very long and high bridge. It feels unreal to let the cycle roll down the bridge into the center of Tromso...
Does the first part of the ride around the world really end here and now?



On the market square of Tromso my brother welcomes me with his two husky dogs Ronja and Naita. Ole, a journalist from the local newspaper "Nordlys - Northern Light" is there too...

My bicycle has once again done a wonderful job! One single flat tyre between Berlin and Tromso was all that needed fixing.
The new set of clothes that I am using since my meeting with Lundhags and all other equipment worked really well.
Happy and relaxed I am looking forward to spend the polar winter with my brother and his family - hiking, skiing, dogsledding.





In the early spring of 2008 I plan to hit the road again. Then it will be down the coast of Norway, England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and Marocco. The idea is to take a sailboat from the Canary Islands (off the Maroccan coast) across the Atlantic Ocean... to South America?

But now first - a big cup of hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment